Modern Science is Recognizing Vitamin C for it’s Significant Health Benefits
Vitamin C: Modern science is now eagerly embracing vitamin C’s enormous potential as an antioxidant capable of preventing and, in some cases, reversing a host of human ills.
- Ascorbic acid, or vitamin C, is a potent antioxidant with increasingly diverse uses in health promotion and disease prevention.
- Every step in the progression of atherosclerosis can benefit from the antioxidant power of coagulation factors to preventing blood vessel changes that can lead to strokes and other vascular catastrophes.
- Vitamin C supplements reduce cellular DNA damage that is the vital first step in cancer initiation and also reduce the inflammatory changes that allow a malignant cell to grow into a dangerous tumor.
- Vitamin C supplements enhance the health-promoting effects of exercise and reduce exercise-induced oxidative damage.
- Vitamin C supplements also dramatically combat the oxidative damage caused by smoking and exposure to tobacco smoke.
- In respiratory conditions, vitamin C supplements help avert or shorten the duration of common colds and may mitigate the risk of serious respiratory conditions like asthma.
- Vitamin C supplements can speed the clearance of the stomach disease-causing bacterium Helicobacter pylori and cut the risk of gastric cancer it causes.